If you are a product broker, merchandise broker, food broker, or product representative, you will need a business plan in order to get your product, services, and business off on the right foot. However, many close off at the idea of creating a business plan. As a product representative, there are several myths to writing a business plan, and NAGMR has laid them all out for you.
- It must be big. This is certainly not the case. Unless you are taking on a Fortune 500 Company, your business plan should be no longer than 10 to 20 pages. It should only cover your business, not any competitors.
- It must be complex. Again, this should not be the case. Keep it as simple and just stick to the basics. For instance – capital resources, sales forecasts, and milestones.
- You have to do it all by yourself. There are several resources, online and personal connections, that you can certainly tap into.
- Only one direction should be used. Again, this is not the case. There is nothing wrong with having several different directions in mind for your business plan. It’s OK to have ‘If, Then’ statements in your business plan.
- It has to be set in stone. This is a myth. You should be open to change and adjustments, which could help your business improve in the long run. Don’t be afraid of the ‘business plan’. If you keep it simple and to the point and willing to make changes on the fly, they you will be guided to realm of success.
NAGMR can make your highest and most ambitious business goals attainable. Let us help you identify your sales demographic, create and expand your market. NAGMR brokers and product representatives will get your foot in the door of the highest volume retail giants. NAGMR is all about increasing awareness, favorability, and purchase intent, in order to increase in-store visibility of your general merchandise. Let us help brand, place, market, and SELL your products. Become a member now, or go online to our website for a free assessment!