A Message from NAGMR Officers
Thank you for visiting our website.
Over the years, the membership has evolved considerably. When NAGMR first organized, each broker had their own relatively small geographic territory. Today, we have some members who are geographically aligned while others are more national in scope.
While some of that is due to an organizations growth, some of it is thrust upon us as our retail and wholesale customers merge or as manufacturers look for expanded help.
NAGMR seeks to promote professionalism in the art of sales representation and management. We also look to help our members align with good manufacturers by promoting members services via our website and other promotional programs.
Our members are experienced sales and marketing professionals who have launched and managed products throughout all key general merchandise and HBA categories in Drug, Grocery and Discount stores.
NAGMR is a professional association of independent sales brokers and marketing professionals dedicated to helping manufacturers of over-the-counter drug items, health and beauty products, and even general merchandise or food products get their products on retail shelves. NAGMR brokers have the experience and relationships to help get your clients products in front of the right buyers at the right time. NAGMR member reps can support your existing sales team at key accounts or operate successfully as your exclusive sales force on a very cost-efficient basis.
Our membership includes single entity brokers, regional and national groups, and master brokers (groups that align with and manage regional brokers).
Code of Ethics
These are the principles that the members of NAGMR aspire to, and all new members subscribe to them when they submit their applications for membership. By following this code, NAGMR members create professional, effective business partnerships that serve markets in the most cost-effective manner.
- Comply with the accepted practices of principals and their customers.
- Perform in the assigned territory regularly and conscientiously.
- Perform services in an honest forthright manner and avoid misrepresentation of any character.
- Serve manufacturers as they would expect to be served by their own sales personnel.
- Foster, develop and maintain better relations among consumer product brokers, their principals, and customers in the common interest of all.
- Improve the general standing of consumer product brokers and promote their welfare.
- Stabilize and maintain uniform and fair usages, customs, and practices of consumer product brokers.
- To comply with the manufacturer’s terms and conditions of sale.
- To conscientiously cover the assigned territory, accounts or industry segment.
- To avoid any form of misrepresentation.
- To establish relationships only with those Principals which will be well represented by the Sales Agency.
- To refrain from representing competing lines without written agreement of the Principal.
- To constantly strive to add value to the relationship between the Principal and the Customers.
- To promote only those products or services which are in the Customer’s best interest.
- To constantly strive to improve the relationship between the Principal and the Customer.
- To clearly and fairly communicate the needs of all parties in the business relationship.
- To process Customer problems and questions promptly and accurately.
- To share ideas beneficial to the rep profession.
- To respect existing Principal relationships of other Sales Agencies.
- To refrain from using unfair methods to solicit the Customers of another Sales Agency.
Member Focus Categories
- Internal & External Analgesics
- Alertness Aids
- Sleep Aids
- Stomach Remedies
- Cough & Cold
- First Aid
- Feminine Needs
- Oral Pain
- Foot Care
- Bandages & Wraps
- Hot & Cold Therapy
- Medical Devices
- Facial & Skin Care
- Soaps & Body
- Oral Care
- Dietary Supplements
- Hair Coloring
- Foot Treatments
- Eye Care
- Weight Control
- Muscle Rubs
- Sun Care
- Creams and Ointments
- Private Label
- Office Supplies
- School Supplies
- Lawn & Garden
- Pet Products
- Bathroom Supplies
- Baby Products
- Paper Products
- Energy Drinks
- Energy Bars